It’s always a good time to evaluate the performance of your air conditioner. You might be more aware of the quality of operation over the summer, but some attention prior to the start of the season allows early detection of common concerns such as refrigerant leaks. Holt Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is happy to help. Our NATE-certified technicians are trained and experienced in freon leak detection.
Freon Leak Detection Services
Refrigerant lines degrade over time. Because the air conditioner’s refrigerant is consistently under high pressure, a leak needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. The bigger the extent of the leak, the more expensive the repair. At Holt Plumbing & Heating, Inc., we highly recommend annual tune-ups where we complete a thorough inspection and pressure tests. We catch leaks at the earliest possibility and take effective action.
Are you suspicious of a freon refrigerant leak? Here are some telltale signs:
- Bubbling or hissing sounds – Strange sounds coming from the outdoor unit during operation often indicate a refrigerant leak.
- Higher utility bills – Inefficient and longer operation are often caused by low refrigerant levels.
- Ice on evaporator coils – Ice crystals forming on the outdoor evaporator coil is a warning sign.
- Insufficient cooling – The system can’t keep up on those especially hot summer days in West Des Moines, IA and surrounding areas.
- Lengthy run times – Longer cooling cycles indicate that the system is struggling to meet demands.
- Sticky conditions – A refrigerant leak compromises the air conditioner’s dehumidification capabilities.
For freon leak detection, call on Holt Plumbing & Heating, Inc.!
Even well-maintained air conditioners can suffer a leak eventually. Environmental damage or old age can result in necessary repairs and recharging. Depending on the remaining lifespan, it may be wise to replace the cooling system. Holt Plumbing & Heating, Inc. assists in determining leaks as well as the right course of action. Reach out to us at (515) 398-9796 for scheduling seven days a week, honest answers, and the best possible outcomes. For freon leak detection across West Des Moines, Des Moines, Clive, Urbandale, Norwalk, and Johnston, IA … Let Holt Handle That!