Holt Plumbing & Heating, Inc. focuses on solving comfort challenges in West Des Moines, IA and surrounding areas. Local weather creates a lot of them. You need a system that not only handles below-freezing winter conditions and the high heat of summer but customizes operation to occupancy and preferences. Let us deliver precision control to increase energy efficiency, save you money and increase the value and enjoyment of your home.
Learn More About Zone Control
Numerous factors impact the temperature in different areas of the home, including the number of windows, the direction they face, insulation, shade trees, and appliances producing heat. While a standard heating and cooling system treat the entire home the same, a zoned system controls the amount of heated or cool air sent to each level or room.
Zoned HVAC System Installation
Today’s zoned heating and cooling systems include dampers/valves within the ductwork that open or close, depending on the signals sent by a master control panel. We use Arzel zoning systems. An independent thermostat installed in each zone connects to the master control. The NATE-certified technicians from Holt Plumbing & Heating, Inc. design the ideal solution for your specific layout of your home and lifestyle. We uphold exceptional quality, complete the job smoothly and maximize benefits across West Des Moines, Des Moines, Clive, Urbandale, Norwalk, and Johnston, IA.
Some of the benefits of zone control include:
- Convenience – Modern zone systems can be operated and managed remotely through an app on your smartphone or laptop.
- Customization – Cater to preferences, occupancy, and the requirements of each area through a separate thermostat.
- Extend HVAC system lifespan – With independent thermostats, the heating and cooling system doesn’t need to work as hard, experiences less wear and tear, and typically lasts longer.
- Increased energy efficiency – Unused rooms can be kept warmer in the summer and cooler in winter, reducing energy consumption and saving money on utility bills.
- Lower sound levels – Rather than heating or cooling the entire home through a loud process, a zone system allows the conditioned air to be directed at a specific time and work quietly and unobtrusively.
- Versatility – Zoned systems can be retrofitted into existing homes and designed to suit your floor plan and needs.